Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Hello from the CCM!!

Hola Mi familia!!!!
Como esta!! Oh my goodness I loved each and every one of your emails!! sorry If I wasnt able to respond individually! but just know that i absolutely adore each and every one of you!!
 
The CCM is amazing! Holy cow how do I describe it! Its the happiest, most frustrating, hardest, craziest, weirdest, best ever. Not a single day has had time to be meh. There is always something going on and something to focus on and so much to do. I feel like I barely have time to think for myself! so... if there is a lot of grammatical errors or this email doesnt make any sense just know that my mind is moving about a million miles per hour and my hands are shaking Im so excited to talk to you!! the environment down here is crazy.That's the only word that I can come up with. In the entire CCM there are about 20 hermanas and maybe 80 elders! *ps I have no idea how to use the question mark and the parentheses( Lo siento! By the way... the words that I use the most... Lo siento and no se. Yep learned those SUPER fast!! Haha the nicest thng down here is that EVERYONE speaks English... or is trying to like me! The Hermanas Latinas are such a BLESSING! One of the most important rules is to always talk to them. And let me tell you it is hard. On my first day I literally said hola and sat in silence the entire lunch cause I had no idea what to say!! But now its always laughing and super rough conversations! so basically we sit down play a game of charades for 45 minutes and then go back to our classes. But holy cow... language barriers or not, they are the BEST. I love them all so much and Ive only been here for a week!! One of the Hermanas (Hermana Diaz) just sits there and laughs at me literally the entire time at lunch. so either I'm really funny... or I am not saying what I think I am (about 100 percent sure its the latter)
 
Have I made a fool of myself may you ask! ha oh yes. oh yes oh yes. In case you are wondering "Que quapo" is not another word for oh cool... and you definitely should NOT yell it in the lunch room nest to all the elders. Also... Dia and Dios are TWO separate words and tired and marriage are not the same either. But the best one? I gave the prayer in front of the whole CCM on what was it my second or third day here (All my days are confused. Im pretty sure Ive only been here for one huge LONG day. They haven't split up. ANYWAY. So my prayer. Yep. Prayer 101. (Oh did I mention I gave it in Spanish?) Yeah I told my teachers I was in love with them... and I told the Latinos they need to learn Spanish. heh heh. YEAH.... so didn't know that til after I sat down but uh... I have a lot of learning to do!!!
 
Holy cow. Have I mentioned that I love it here? Have I mentioned how hard it is here? I think Im in about 200 percent over my head BUT are you kidding? TOTALLY worth it. *Lo siento for spelling!... aim wanna edit this? If you can?) The days are so long but I think Im getting  more sleep than I ever have! (EIGHT hours? QUE?!)
 
Wow and have I learned SO much. And yes Dad... its like I'm standing in front of a fire hydrant spraying at my and I'm trying to drink ALL of the water.... It doesn't super work all that well! But obedience exactimento!! As long as I am obedient and strive to have the spirit with me AT ALL TIMES then I will be blessed. I will be able to learn everything that I need to bring people to the happiness that I know and I will be able to strengthen my testimony *definitely) in the process. MY second day here we had to teach a lesson in Spanish! Ah! Tonight will be my fifth one. It is crazy how much the spirit can teach you in just a few days.
 
The first few days here it was drilling Spanish like no other! I think I have officially exhausted all the knowledge that I have of it! There was so much spanish that it was hard to focus on the spirit. And that is the MOST IMPORTANT thing to keep with you always. you can have all the knowledge you want and say everything but without there spirit there there is no teaching being done. As a district (Ps best district IN EL MUNDO there are 4 hermanas and 4 elderes) we are starting to focus more on the spirit more than anything. Once we hav the spirit the spanish will come easy and fast. Yesterday we had an Espanol fast for 24 hours. No talking in English. For 24 hours. And we will start it again here tonight. It helps so much!! we try so hard... or just add an o on the end of every word... but we will get there!!
 
My companion is Hermana Reed. she is so so patient with me!! For those of you who know Megan Barrett... honestly they are THE SAME!! She is so sweet!
 
No worries... I still laugh smile and joke... the CCM hasnt taken that from me. It is a blast and all the Hermana Nortes (North American Hermanas) are so great and hilarious!!
 
We I LOVE YOU ALL! Im just about out of time!!
 
A quote from my district meeting (if you have made it this far) is now officially my favorite. Actually there is 2.
 
"Don't you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead. Some blessings come soon, some come late and some don't come til heaven. But for those who embrase the Gospel of Jesus Christ, they come. It will be alright in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come."   Jeffery R Holland
 
I know this is so true. SO TRUE. If you embrace the Gospel of Jesus Christ the blessings will come. Everything will be alright. Keep walking. Youll get there!
 
LOVE YOU
 
Hermana Nelson
 
*ps... if you decide to send me anything make sure you address the letter... or package (heh heh) with hermana nelson... that way there is no problem for it getting here! MWAH!!!
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment