Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Hi Mom! Look I'm on TV!!

My dad always taught me that if things aren't working out.... you just gotta do something different. Being creative... brings success. And so creative we were!
So for the last few weeks we've been having an English class in the church. I mean maybe 10 people showed up if we were lucky... so we were getting a little bored of it to be honest. But about 2 weeks ago our convert fiel [faithful convert] told us that his dad would announce our English class on TV (they can both speak English almost perfect!) His dad has his own talk show... or so we heard, so we were like ok yeah, that would be awesome... he announced it and nothing really happened. But then we ran into the dad this last Monday. ....Hey what's up! When're you coming to my show??¨¨ haha oh sorry, hermano! How bout Friday? Did we know what we were getting ourselves into? Ha absolutely not! I mean, what harm could be done, am I right??

SO Friday comes and we (skip district meeting...oops) go over to the studio. It was actually legit. Whoa ok! This is good. The next thing we know Angel looked at us and was like... wow I'm a little nervous for you! Wait.... why? Is this big? (Little did we know... his dad is legitly famous.... this TV show reaches Comayagua... my old area... which explains all the calls in saying... saludos a Hermana Nelson! [hello to Hermana Nelson]).   haha anyway so next thing we know we're on camera just nervously laughing and just making jokes on air... people were calling in to have their name put down for the class and then they just wouldn't stop calling in! We cut if off at like 30 calls or like an hour later! Whoa! Sweet! Mire [Look].... we might have like 30 MAYBE even 40 people in our English class! Just imagine... what will we do with 40 people! haha oh how naive we were ;)

SO Saturday comes and we get a call from the Hermanas... Hermana you better get over here. There're people waiting outside. It was about 30 minutes before and there were about 30 people lining up outside waiting to get in! SWEET! Here's our 30! So we call the branch president and people just start filling in.... and filling in.... and then OVERfilling in. They couldn't even fit in the church! We were taking names and numbers like crazy people... roles were going around... splitting people into classes. So our 30 people vision.... turned into a 150 PERSON vision.(Just in comparison, I've never seen more than 107 people in church...) I think we might have given the branch president a heart attack. :) (Out of the 150 only like 2 were members) We had to separate into 3 different classes to teach 3 different levels and people were leaning in from the halls just to be in the class.

In the picture attached below.... this isn't even everyone... a lot of people had left. But at the end we made sure that they all knew that they are invited to church and they all promised to come back the next week. So we're going to be planning it well to have the members go in and contact this next week... or have a big reunion espiritual [spiritual meeting] after. It'll be good :) After all was said and done we all jut kinda looked at each other. And sat.} with HUGE EYES. WHOA. This is going to change things.... (no worries, our branch president was breathing by this point :) hahaha 

Haha but people come up to US and contact US now! So we have HUGE VISIONS for Talanga. The members are offering their support now more than ever.

Training is going great! My darling Hija Hna Sequeira will be ending her training in 2 weeks.... Which means that it is most likely that me saca... I'm leaving! BUT At least I'll be leaving work for the next missionary to do :)

This Friday FELIPE GOT BAPTIZED!!!! It was such a miracle. Each baptism is such an experience but this one was super special. It all started a little stressful... like most do. There were NO baptismal clothing for him. We called every one and by mid afternoon I was talking on the phone with our dear Elder Walker. Elder... we don't have the clothes.... no one's going to be there... how is he going to be baptized.... and so forth. All I hear is... Hermana. Hermana HERMANA escĂșcheme [listen to me]. Have you said a prayer yet? Boom. Slap in the face. And I can testify that pray works. Right after we offered a prayer everything layed out just nicely. Elder Walker just looked at me at the baptism... and said, Looks like your prayer was answered. So my advice this week... when things aren't working out, think to yourself... Have I said a prayer yet? And I can promise you... things will work out :)


Yes thank you for all the reminders.... I'm on the downhill slant now with 9 months :) but we celebrated well... With my mommy and my hija :)

Just a normal day on a talk show :)

Just a normal day on a talk show :)



Felipes baptism :)

Felipes baptism :)


No comments:

Post a Comment