Friday, July 10, 2015

My Fourth was better than your Fourth :)

Hi family!! HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!! I hope it was the best thing ever back at home!! As most of you know... this IS MY FAVORITE HOLIDAY! And I was thinking that the whole not being in the states thing would get in the way of the whole celebration process... or so I thought :) This whole week I have been slyly reminding the members and all of my investigators that the coming Saturday was SUPER SPECIAL! ( I mean most of them just look at me like I was crazy!) The 4th came and I know you guys were all watching the parades... all the hermanas here got decked out (you know... blue skirts... red shirt combo ;) My companion (she's so cute) was behind me the whole way making sure that we celebrated... so she put on her patriotic colors too :)

About half way through the day everyone started acting weird. The hermanas of the other rama [branch] started planning a noche de hogar en la casa de Nelson [a family home evening at Nelson's house]... with OUR members... OUR investigators and OUR converts. Wait whoa. What are you doing. But they played it off good! Hey are we invited?? ¨Hmmm Hna Nelson y Hna Sequeira... I'm not really sure.... Uhhh go ask her...¨¨

So we went through our day normal! Roger's still doing awesome!! Hasn't drank in almost 2 weeks.... ni tiene ganas a tomar!! [Nor does he have a desire to drink.] We finished all of our citas [appointments] and worked normal the whole day and at 7 we went over to the church cause it was ¨bring a friend to institute day¨(so conveniently we had to be there to meet all them as they went out...  the Young Single Adults never fail us haha) As we were leaving they all started asking us if we were planning on going to the Noche de Hogar at Nelson's house.... I mean I was really impressed. Wow! They all just got out of institute and now they want to go to ANOTHER spiritual hour. ¨They're on fire! So we were pumped. Ï mean maybe they haven't started yet... let's go!¨So they all hopped in Tia Georgi´s truck.... ¨NO esta bien. We wanted to walk anyway.... Catch up with you later. So we walked over in the rain... STILL CLUELESS. The whole thought of¨¨ Surprise Happy 4th of July cause it's your favorite holiday family home evening ¨¨¨never crossed my mind. SURPRISE!!!!! Everything was lit up!! balloons... conffei... flags. It was the best ever!!! So we had our spiritual noche de hogar 4th of July themed party :) (After it was over they even came and shot off fireworks outside our apartment!!) So I mean, thanks hermanas of the other branch and the young single adults.... we had the BEST 4th EVER!!!

This week has been soooo awesome! Roger will be baptized this Saturday and we have a new presidente de la mission!!!

Every day just gets better and better in the work of the Lord :)


















No comments:

Post a Comment