Thursday, October 1, 2015

BIG WEEK!!!

September 28, 2015

OK!! Hi again! I feel like I wrote y'all yesterday!

This week we got to go to Jesus de Otoro to do Divisions and then to Sigua to do intercambios!! It was so much fun! Do you remember that family that I mentioned algunas semanas atrás [some weeks ago]? The hermanas over there are teaching such a golden family and when I went there on intercambios [exchanges] this last time it was like I knew them!! It was the craziest thing! Well WE went back this week!!! They are doing so good! They were supposed to be baptized this Saturday but something went wrong with their papers so they have to wait til the 24 of Oct! But we went there with the zone leaders to watch the restauración [restoration] movie!! The hermano was begging to see it and it was SUCH an awesome experience. The TV was turned off and we all just looked at him and he had tears in his eyes. And he said, "I know without a doubt that Joseph Smith was a prophet". And then he was like.¨¨ "Man I can do anything. He went through all of that... and I think I'm going through a hard time just without work".¨¨ So really we can do all things. The Lord will always provide.

So this last week we have had to decide that we love all of our investigators so much that we have to realize that maybe right now just isn't their time. Sometimes you just gotta plant the seed and then in about 5 years someone else will come sow it! Now we just gotta go find those other planted seeds!! But the good news is we found 2 really awesome families this week!! Hahaha Even one of them came down the mountain to find us while we were contacting another person and just pointed at their house... "Ök hermana vamos por alla!" [Okay, Sisters, let's go over there] y cuando llegamos [and when we got there] they were just sitting there with 2 chairs waiting for us to sit down. They are the cutest old couple so we will see how it goes!!!

So I know you are all wondering how Sister missionaries look in the rain... well, refer to the picture below. Mom you gotta be so proud. We are so prepared when we face that rain! I mean our shoes are never really dry.... we gotta start microwaving our books to keep them dry. Pobrecita hna Niu tiene que comprar [Poor Hermana Niu has to buy] another hymn book! But let's be honest. Rain is my favorite :)

And last thing! We are teaching un hermana se llama [a sister named] Ana! She is the ex mayor of Flores and she is so awesome! We got to know her cause she really just wanted to have someone help her son with his homework... and it went from there! You should have SEEN her face when we started talking about the 3 kingdoms of glory!! Her mouth just dropped. She had here little note pad and was talking notes of everything that we said. And she is SO EXCITED for conference. She has been talking about it for weeks! We love her a whole lot!

So this Tuesday morning I was just minding my own businesses getting ready for the day when ALL THE SUDDEN my companion just STARTS SCREAMING and whacking me with the brush. So I start screaming and jumping up and down and running around having NO idea what was going on. I think we woke up ALL of our neighbors. We all know my fear of bugs (dad you'll be proud... little ones I can deal with now.) but this one wasn't little. THERE WAS A TARANTULA CRAWLING UP MY BACK. I just about died. Blessing of the week? My comp killed it. We love her, too!




No comments:

Post a Comment