Friday, December 18, 2015

ANNNNNDDD... wait. What are you doing here??

December 14, 2015

HI fam!!!

So dudududuDA!!! I am still here in Flores. SO meaning I will have 6 months here. Lesson of the week? DON'T PREEMPT THINGS. haha I was soo convinced that I was leaving. SO convinced in fact that I said goodbye to everyone and their dog! Usually we get the signal Monday afternoon to see if there's changes or not in our area.... but they didn't call us.... and didn't call us. So I was like oh well.... It's obvious that I'm leaving. But there were tons of problems (there was a bus strike of something) sooo I said goodbye.... ¨¨aw Hermana... I'm gunna miss you so much.... aw presidente.... you have been so great. I'll make sure and leave all my dats [short for details?] with Hna Craner.¨¨ I even went to dear little old Hermana Angela. She can't really hear very well soooo we just left it at ¨¨Yes Hermana, I'm leaving and going home. Well I better go catch my flight.¨¨ Cause everything else was confusing her. SO - it was late.... AND STILL NO CALL. Soooo I wrote 30 good bye pictures with my email and all that jazz. 30. I was saying goodbye to my loved companion. Ok so there's changes [transfers] in 6 hours or so. I don't want to admit it but OBVIOUSLY I'm leaving. ANDDDDD 11:52

RING RING

Hello? Hermana Nelson?? GOOD NEWS! you don't have changes!!! After all the screams and shouts for joys were done, we close our letters and decided to leave them for the next month... and then we realized. Oh shoot. How do we explain this one?

So this week was a lot of.... yeah I know. I'm still here. Hi, yep, I know, sorry I'm still here. People would stop me in the street and ask me what happened. Everything down to the president of the rama's wife announcing how funny she thought it was in front of the whole church congregation that I said goodbye to EVERYONE and I was still there.

But the real kicker was going back to Hna Angela. ¨¨Hi hermana. Yeah looks like they uhhhh well Il'l be staying here for a bit longer.¨¨

¨¨Oh hermana Nelson I was thinking about you last night how you were probably with your family and enjoying your time¨¨ BUT I GUESS NOT! I guess they just forgot to book your flight and now you're stuck here for a bit longer!! hahahaha

So saludos from Flores!!! I'll be here for a bit longer :)




No comments:

Post a Comment