Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Here to stay!

Hello all!!! So great news here... I'm staying in Comayagua! Well at least for another 6 weeks! But I'll take what I can get!

So we had transfers this last Tuesday and I lucked out! My companions name is Hermana Vasquez. She is darling! She is from California but her parents are from Mexico so she speaks both Spanish and English perfectly! (So for starters that's definitely a perk! Here goes to improving my Spanish! haha) Just in this last week I have learned so much from her! She is so willing to work and serve the Lord! The funny thing is that we both just finished our training and they put us together to be Companions... that almost never happens. So I guess the Lord has a lot of people ready and prepared to hear the Gospel for us! And let me tell you... We have seen so many tender mercies this week. From the time we started together here in Comayagua we have yet a day to go by that we see the Lords hand in our missions. At the very beginning of the week our one fecha had fell through and my golden investigator just keeps working and now she's in Teguic for a week or 2. But every single day we have found someone put in our path that just wanted to hear the Gospel.

If we are obedient and do our part we are so beyond blessed. Yesterday we were walking around a little far away from our house in the heat of the day and no one was home. We had been walking around pretty aimlessly for about 5 minutes cause we couldn't figure out where we were supposed to go. We had contacted this lady, Marianna about 3 days ago and she had had missionaries before and told us that we could come visit her... unfortunately addresses don't exist here in Honduras! its more like.... Ya I live por this street up 3 blocks then you turn down that road then por alli and you pass a few pulperias along then way then I'm the white adobe house. (not even kidding.) So we were lost and kind of just sat down on a curb to figure where we were going to go next. Next thing we know Marianna just starts walking down the street with all her bags of groceries and we start chatting with her (still sitting on the curb). We figured that she still lived pretty far so we asked for her direction again when she looked at us pretty weird and was like... "Uh I live here in this house." We turned around and there enough was her yellow house that we were sitting directly in front of!! "If you want you can come in and share something with me!" Blessings. That's just one of many stories!! We have been so blessed just a week here in Honduras.

The same kind of story happened Saturday night too! All of our plans had fell through and we were just headed to a house of a less active lady in the ward when we heard this guy start talking to us. We chatted for a bit... learned that he had the missionaries before and the next thing we know he gave us his whole life story... how old he is... he's married with 4 kids and he would love for us to go and visit!

The Lord prepares the way for us... he will never give us a commandment without a way to achieve it. I love this gospel so much! Its so true and if you don't know it I invite you to find out for yourself!

Love you all! Hermana Nelson

PS... If you haven't laughed today (well first off you should laugh everyday but I'll help you out for the day) I was at church and I was trying to ask this man if we could go visit him... Well Hermana Nelson and her Spanish asked him... Well when you are FREED (like from prison) we'd love to come visit you. hahaha... poco a poco :) LOVE YOU ALL!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment