Friday, September 18, 2015

Humbleness is the best medicine :)

September 7, 2015

BUENAS FAM!!!

Ok sorry the inernet is REALLY slow but Ill try to get this out before the computer fries ;)
This week has been so great! Ill try to send some fotos so it makes up for a short email... (ps many are saying that I dont send fotos... I do :) theyre just on my blog! But ill include some here!!
This week I got to go back to comayagua... where I was born in the mission... SO I got to go see some of the people that I really love!! And here are some of them! It was such a blst to be on intercambios with Hna Hurst... I got the best ab workout that Ihave had ALL YEAR.
Yesterday I had the best Birthday present ever! We have been teaching Hno Jose... a son of a recent convert for about 2 weeks now. He never got baptized before casue he never wanted to quit smoking. It breaks my heart to see it... He smokes to be able to last a little longer from the hunger he feels as he is working in the feilds. But he reads. Like really reads. We even tried to look up a scripture yesterday and before he even looked at it he was like... oh yeah I remember taht one... It talks about how much more we need to be baptized and follow Chirsts example!
so we went there on Sunday to pick up his whole family from church but he wasnt there (but his sister and her pareja were!) we were kinda bummed but hermana mariita his mom told us its cause he had to work today... we accpeted it then went to church. And then miracle. Right after sacrament he walks in. I thought you had to work?!? we said... he jsut kinda shrugged and sat down! Woo!! So that night when we visited him we chatted for awhile about how he feels and we brought up baptism. He said... ya know Ive been thinking a lot about this. elder roberts always told me to choose a date and pray about it. I think I chose a date Hermanas... my birthday Sept 23!! We kinda just looked at him (jumping for joy inside) and said well you know that youll have to quit smoking for that right? He said.... oh I know. But if god wants me to do it I can.... Ive been recieving a lot of strength.
 We are so proud of him. Never judge people. Just if they look a little rough around the edges.
Also... be careful what you wish for. ;) Me and Hna niu have been praying to be more  humble. We got an answer... well we call it an answer. We lost our phone right in the middle of all the hermanas needing our help. We were so stressed and we couldnt get ahold of anyone all day but can I tell you. God provides. Yes so we lost our phone and we have been very humbled from that but more than anything the people have been teaching me so much. This saturday EVERYONE taught us the biggest lesson that we could learn. People, that we know dont have much, gave us food... people offered to help us even if we didnt know them too well... We got stuck in an area a little too late but we ran to Jose´´s house and he walked us all the way into town to the light to make sure we got there safe. It was pouring rain and my shoes broke... so when we got to Hno Adalid we walks our with a brand new pair of shoes that he sent his wife about 4 years ago when he was in the US but they dont fit so shes never worn them. These people dont have much. but theres always enough when  you are serving. I have been so humbled and blessed here. So heres my suggestion. Look around and see who needs help. You never know how much a smile... a glass of lemonade... or a new pair of shows... can make :)
LOVE YOU ALL!! And have the best week ever!!
Shout out to my COUSIN EMILY PAINTER WHO GOT MARRIED!! (I got your announcement :) I love you!!
Hermana nelson


my awkward engagement pic.... we love Hna Craner

Just a normal day feeding the goats

we do service... I mean piƱata making... I mean both?




No comments:

Post a Comment