Thursday, September 3, 2015

You´ve got a pretty nice last name!

August, 24, 2015

This week was amazing! And it all started off so great!

On Tuesday we went to Siguatepeque for Divisions. Hna Logan is really sick and so its hard for them to leave the whole day so Hna Niu went out with Hna Balbuena and I stayed with Hna Logan. They both are just about to end their missions so I was able to learn SO MUCH from both of them! We talked a lot of how the mission has helped us and exactly what we can learn from all the experiences that were are so privileged to have here. And what it all come down to is that you just need to teach with love. We left for a cita at night and it was probably one of the most spiritual lessons that I have had here on my mission. I had never met the family before but as I walked in I just felt that I knew them. I felt as if that we had been best friends before. And has we taught about the importance of the spirit and marriage I could honestly see them all dressed up in white being sealed to their family. they have only been investigating for about two weeks but the hermano bore a beautiful testimony on the love of God. And its so true. God love us so much that he gives us the opportunity to have the Gospel in our lives. To learn and grow and to return to Him one day!

Then on Thursday we had intercambios with the hermanas in El Carmen! I got to stay with Hna Gertrudis! I came with ehr and we were actually in the CCM together! It was so fun catching up and see how far we both have come!! (I mean look... she actually could understand me now ;) but I have realized that there really just is no other substitute for work. It you work hard you will see miracles.

Now here's the big news of the week! We had a conference with Presidente Nelson of the quorum of the 12 apostles! And we all had the opportunity to shake his hand. I mean most people had about a half a second with him but he stopped me. Look at my name tag and said... Sister. You have a really nice name. I and told him thanks.... you do to President! so you could say our 5 second conversation made us really good friends!

No but really the conference was absolutely beautiful. Something that I think I loved the most was that there was about about CHOOSE JOY. Everyday you can wake up and decide. What will your day be like today? Its a daily decision. Choose Joy. Choose patience. Choose to be loving. Choose to be optimistic. Choose faith. It you really want to enjoy life that means you also have to enjoy each individual day. Because its the ordinary days and the day to day tasks that make up your life. So choose to be happy TODAY!! He also ended the conference with a apostolic promise to each one of the missionaries. It was an amazing experience!

Now some of the fun day to day activities!

So at the conference with everyone we got lots of good news! The first was from Talanga! I forgot to take a picture of the picture that I got but all of my converts are actually going to appear in the Liahona! (I mean I think just in the Spanish version... but I'm not sure yet!) President of the mission actually went down there and met all of them and was really impressed by their story so they all got dressed up really nice in their shirt and tie and typed up their side of the conversion story and it will be printed I think this next issue!! I am so proud of them! They have come so far. So big news COMING SOON!

This week Adalid came to church again! He has changed so much! He is genuinely so happy and his wife just beams as he talks about the gospel. This week we will be doing a fast with him for him to know when he should be baptized :)

We ate pure coconuts this week :)

Tender mercy... one of our contacts just gave us a huge bag of guavas (my all time fav). We were planning on paying but then she just looked at us and said nope... GRATIS! FREE!

I have basically lost my voice... I would like to say its cause I'm preaching so much :) and we LOVE singing to all the people :)

AND last but certainly NOT LEAST. I took MY SECOND WARM SHOWER that's actually from a shower head... in my entire mission. It was glorious!

I love you all so much! The church is true!!

Hermana Nelson

The before and after....

The before and after....

The before and after....





FOUR GENERATIONS PIC!!!

And a bunch of my fav hermanas... (but not limited to...)

My darling Hija Hna Sequeira

Hna Carnahan

Hna Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment