Thursday, January 8, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

HELLLO FAM!!

Happy new year! First off I LOVED SKYPING WITH YOU ON NEW YEARS!  You guys all seem to be doing just fantastic! I love each and every one of you!

Ok I'm a bit behind! Sorry I didn't get a chance to write last week... so now I have to give you the whole spheel! Lets get things straight. I missed all of you (fam and friends) on during the Christmas season... but lets be honest. Theres no better place to spend the Holiday season than on a mission!! Everyone is so happy and EVERYONE wants to talk about Christ and willing to hear our message. Even now... we just keep telling our investigators that its still Christmas to keep the spirit going. They just laugh and roll their eyes... but its great. We´re going to have to keep this Christmas spirit going all the way til august!

 The other great thing during the holidays is that the people love to feed you! I have learned one grand lesson that if you finish before your companion... they're just going to place another plate of food in front of you. Sooo you could say I have learned to eat suuuuper slow. But still usually doesn't work! No but the members here are so great!! 

Yes the Spanish is coming (I think I say that same phrase every email... its just to preface a really good story.) SO We were in a lesson and i thought we were talking about the Restoration. Well... turns out that I bought a really expensive shirt from her in the process. Hey on the up side... I'm up one shirt in my wardrobe! Not that I needed it or anything!

This week for Zone Conference we talked a lot about faith and how we need to have faith in every single one of our goals. Faith is action. Thats all there is too it. The Lord is waiting for us to do our part so he can pour out blessings on us. but we have to act first. We have to do our part. So that afternoon... after our huge pep talk we witnessed miracles. A few weeks ago we contacted Gustavo. About 30 years old. Which led us to finding his mom Sandra. Sofwhile we were teaching both of them came out 2 darling little girls. Marjorie and Doari. 8 and 9 years old. (Grandchildren of Sandra) They came out and wanted to be apart of our lesson! Yay! Afterwards the mom of the two little girls came out and told us that she has been praying that we would come to her house. She was baptized into the church about 8 years ago but since has gone inactive and back to her old habits. Shes been praying that two angels would come and teach her little girls. She said that she knows with all her heart that this is the true church and she wants her girls to be raise in it. They are getting baptized on January 24. They couldn't be more excited and they fight over reading the Book of Mormon every night. 

Yes mom. you were right. 8 years, 9 years, 13 years and 16 years.  I guess I'm teaching the rising generation of the church... but they are just as important. And I have witnessed over and over. Those who are converts into the church in their youth sometimes are some of the strongest members!

I know this church is true. I love it so much. My testimony grows everyday here. I have so much left to learn but you can find joy in every minute of it!

Love you all! And happy new year!!

Hermana Nelson




No comments:

Post a Comment