Thursday, April 30, 2015

Dirt Roads...

So heres the real test that Im a real missionary... I cant even remeber anymore song lyrics here to finish the song in the subject. That means things are progressing right? :)

Hi fam I love you so so much! This week has been a rollercoaster but I absolutely love it here in my new area! Talanga! I guess Im just meant for outside of the city :) But this week weve been working on my musical talent (that Im sorry mom I shouldve dveloped more of at home!) My first day here in the area I was told that I was going to be the director of the Primary chorus for stake (district here) conference! Haha ok... the sad part was we practiced every day for like 2 weeks then they canceled it... But it was quite an experience! Then Me and a member and Hermana Nichols and I had a solo... trio singing part in stake conference! Im overcoming my fears ;)

But really this week has been so great! We spent most of the time focusing on inviting everyone to Stake (district) conference! But we had a pretty great turnout! Presidente Fortuna came and his wife! I will be so sad to see them go in June!! There was a lot about temples and the family. But my favorite quote from conferenece was from presidente del districto. "The gospel isnt full of perfect people... but it is full of people with faith and hope." As long as we can hold on to our faith and hope we can move mountains. We go to church not for the people that attend but for our Lord and God. I have seen over and over here in Honduras that people have stopped attending cause someone said something offensive or they didnt feel the support of the ward. The people and our leaders are there to help us develop a better relationship with our savior. We are there to better ourselves and to worship our Lord and God. Going to church is such a wonderful opportunity that we have to improve our relationship with Him.

I love you all!!

Hermana Nelson

My lovely zone... I'm here with my trainer too Hna Rojas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment