Wednesday, April 1, 2015

From Missionary to Girls Scout

Hello FAM!!!

So on Tuesday night the Zone Leaders called us and asked us to call all the members to see who wants to buy DONUTS? huh? I mean who doesn't but we were just a bit confused... but we called anyway and got a count of how many donuts each member wanted. Next thing we know... in the morning were being called to meet the other elders in the Zone leader´s ward at the stake center. We hiked like 45 minutes up a mountain and we were put to work right away! ... Mom you always told me that I will learn to cook on my mission. I guess today's the day! (As long as donuts count as food!) the Zone Leaders had a family that was getting baptized but they had to be married first. Their wedding was on Friday but they still lacked a little bit of money. They insisted on paying for it all themselves (and they can get pretty expensive!) He sells donut for a living so we got about 4 companionship's up there to help them then go back to their areas to sell donuts!! It was amazing though... as we were making the donuts he went around asking all of us the craziest thing we have done to accomplish a dream. Cause this was his. His dream was to be baptized in the church and he wasn't about to back down from it. We made about 4 or 500 donuts that day to sell!

We were second to leave and even convinced them to give us the cart (we had like a 45 minute walk back to our area!) So we hiked down the mountain with our 117 donuts and started selling! and let me tell you we were SUPER convincing! (Id like to think of it that way and not the fact that people were just so distracted and confused why 2 19 year old north american girls in skirts were selling donuts ;) All you got to do is tell people that there's a couple that wants to get married but they don't have enough money... would you be willing to buy this donut for 5 limpiras to help them out! And man we ran out FAST! We barely even made it to the first members house! So on Wednesday we were Girl Scouts :) But good news is that the family was baptized on Saturday :) Always happy endings in the Gospel!

Anyway I'm sending a lot of pictures today so I will have to run... but I love you all so much!

Oh and big news of the day is that I'm leaving Comayagua :( I just got the call and I have changes tomorrow! So next week you'll get to hear all about a whole new area! I love you! 

And remember... there's always happy endings in the Gospel :)

Hermana Nelson

Museum trips :)

The clothes the saints wear in semana santa... we got our own private tour!


DONUT MAKING

Our donut cart!

Welcome to Honduras!



ENGLISH CLASS!!!

Cindy´s baptism

Happy Palm Sunday :)

I guess heres my last picture of Lovely Comayagua!!

No comments:

Post a Comment