Wednesday, April 1, 2015

It was blue!

To start off with HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDS!!! I love you so much!!

So this week has been great! I mean obviously there are always ups and downs wherever we go... but it just makes us that much stronger every time! We have had so many tender mercies this week!

MARTHA came to church! Do you remember her? We left a book of Mormon the first lesson with her and she read to like 1 Nephi 14. She is darling. This last week we came back and kept talking to her about where she was reading in the Book of Mormon and she takes out her Bible and her Book of Mormon. And she was like... well... I read a few chapters more and then I found this cool guide in the back. So currently she is going theme by theme reading  in the index guide about the gospel. Then she teaches us the things she learned. But she told us that she wanted to finish the book of Mormon before she gets baptized... (we've been brainstorming how we can take the Book of Alma of of her Libro de Mormon ;)) haha! She also tells us about the pastors that stop by and try to tell her that she is crazy for welcoming us into her house. "And then i just tell them off and tell them how great this church is." You go girl!! But she bore the sweetest testimony to us the last lesson we had with her. "I didn't have any hope until you guys came. I didn't have any reason to live. But now you guys are here... teaching me about this gospel and I have had peace return to my life. Nothing has ever done anything like that for me before. So thank you."

When she came to church she could only stay for the sacrament but we got there with plenty of time before the meeting started so we gave her a church tour. When we showed her the baptismal font she told us that that was the font she had seen in her dream... but there wasn't a mirror above. It was blue! I just glanced over to Hermana Vazquez and she said... well it does look blue, when its full of water :) She was just quiet for a minute and smiled and we went back to the chapel. 

This Saturday I have a baptism (I hope). Her name is Cindy and her and her sister and her mom just moved here from Tegucigalpa! They are recent converts, baptized back in November... but Cindy didn't feel ready back then. But now she does! We hope that all will go well this weekend!

Since all of the missionaries in the ward are Nortes... we started an English Class here! It is so great! The elders quorum president came and brought his niece (who isn't a member) and then this Sunday he said hes bringing 3 more nieces next week! I'm excited to start! (Were just hoping I don't leave Comayagua this change :))

Anyway I love you all so much!! I hope you wished my lovely sister a happy birthday (last week... sorry I'm late :)) Remember the Gospel is true! LOVE YOU!!

Hermana Nelson

We just liked the Bridge :)


Me and my companion... sorry I haven't mastered this selfie thing!

Road up to Marthas :) And a really pretty sunset!

No comments:

Post a Comment