Monday, March 7, 2016

All you gotta do is PRAY

February 8, 2016

This week we had a very cool experience!!! So there is a cute hermana that lives here that is from our area - her name is Maggie. She is from the US but has lived here for several years with her husband. The hermanas before were passing and visiting her but for the last little bit she hasn't had missionaries cause there was no one to teach her in English. Now let's fast forward to this last Thursday. And we taught her the restoration. Well, we meaning I taught her in English.... and when I would look at my companion she would testify of the things that she understood in Spanish :) (we got a little system going down) We started with prophets and she just looked at us amazed saying that she had never even thought of these things before. As we went on, the spirit was there so strong. I mean I couldn't recite the first vision perfectly in English but I did the best I could to summarize and she just stared.... A few seconds later she just said,

 ¨¨Wow that's some powerful stuff¨¨ She just stopped and stared then said....¨You must be really special and lucky to have gotten a witness that all of this is true¨¨

¨¨Hermana, God loves us all the same. You are just as special as me, my companion or the prophet. You can get the same witness of the truth if you pray.¨¨

And that's all there is to it. If we can just pray and ask, God will answer us. He will tell us directly if we ask.

This week we were walking around and it was randomly raining and freezing, my comp has been really sick and all of our appointments fell. So we had just sat down and said a prayer. We asked for direction for someone who really needed to feel the love of God. So we stood up and just started walking. We found ourselves in front of a member of the bishoprics house. We knocked and he came all the way down to the door. He took one look at us and invited us in. As we were walking up the steps we asked him how his day was and all he said was....¨¨Well by the look of it, just about as good as yours.¨¨ We continued to have a delightful chat... laughed a ton and shared a small message. Everyone needs a little bit of love sometimes. It doesn't matter if they have fallen away from the church or are fully active. We are all children of our Father in Heaven and he wants us to always feel His love!!

I am so grateful to be here on my mission. It has been such a blessing in my life!! I can't express how much I have learned or how humbled I have been, or the patience I have been tested with, or the love I have been shown and felt out here. You'll just have to take my word for it :)


I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!! 

with hna Cuella :)
She always invites us over. She says the pantry is yours you've just gotta cook it! Its the best :)

we got the Denny's fever :)


some cooking going on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment