Monday, March 7, 2016

Here in the City!

January 25, 2016

Well for about my whole mission I have been proud of the fact that I was a city girl. Never served in the city.... didn't really know it very well and little less KNOW how to teach or contact in the city. So I'm pretty sure that's why they took me out of the humblest town and put me in the richest part of all of Honduras. Los Robles. But I absolutely LOVE IT!! you can see the temple from our window and our ward building shares the parking lot with the temple!!

It is so very different to work here from what I'm used to. Haha I mean just a run down how it usually went in Flores and the rest of my areas.... You could meet someone in the street and I mean usually they weren't occupied so you could stop, talk to the them, and even get a good little mini lesson in. Or if not I mean you could go house to house and 99% of the time they would let you in. There were only a few times a week when someone might tell us that they didn't have time or that they didn't want anything. Here in Honduras there is a strong belief in Christ so ¨¨Anything that has to do with the word of God is welcome¨¨ NOW 15 months contacting finding new investigators under my belt THIS WAY always having someone to visit has now changed :) Im starting to get used to getting rejected over the speaker doorbell. Hahaha so we have started making different plans wiht how were going to start working :) But the ward here is SO GREAT!!! All the members do their visits and are so willing to work. So were STOKED!!!
This week we have been visiting Family Alvarado. They are sooooo great!!! So the missionaries have been visiting them since about October and the Hermana has been going to church pretty consistently since then but the Hermano went the first time and since then has been back in forth. But for the last 2 weeks HAS GONE TO CHURCH!!! WE asked him how he liked church this last week and he asked us to go take a foto of the presentation that was given in Sunday School sot hat he can explain what he learned to his 6 year old son. ¨¨But I need the diagram to be able to explain it and it was presented so nicely by the teacher!!¨¨ (It was the tree of life) They are so great. This week we had to film a video on how we invite people to church and how to use the members. They were sooooo excited and the kids were stoked to be in the video. The only problem is that they need to get married. But other than that they're perfect! You can really see how the Lord has worked to help this family progress and receive blessings in His Gospel.
This week I have been thinking a lot about the talk that was given in this last Conference...¨What lack I yet¨. Each one of us needs to think internally... what can I do better? What can I change to be better.? Maybe we think that we are doing the basics and that's good enough.... but there's always more we can do. Maybe we are starting from ground 0... and we don't know where to start. But what the Lord wants from us is not Perfection immediately but He DOES want progression immediately. Little by little we can become like Him. So no matter where we are we can start NOW. And be a little better. I love the part in Meet the Mormons when it says... I cant be perfect, but I can be perfect in one thing, and that's TRYING! So today we can be better than yesterday and tomorrow we can be better than today!!! So that's my goal. I still got a long way to go... like a long way.... but tomorrow I can be a little better!
I love all of you!!! Have the best week!!! MWAH!
Hermana Nelson
PS HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FAVORITE NIECE IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!! I LOVE YOU APSEN!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment