Monday, March 28, 2016

HAPPY EATSER

March 28, 2016

Hello Family!! Well for starters Happy Easter!!! I hope it was all a  good one! Many of you have asked what do they do in Honduras for Easter? Well.... For starters everyone goes to the beach. So here in Roble Oeste was a little quiet this week. You couldn't hear anything.... Not even a mouse (I don't really know how that story goes anymore haha) We looked high and low... around bushes and lifted up rocks but there was no one to be found.... We may or may not have seen more dogs than people during this holiday week! haha just kidding (kinda...)
But remember what I told you last week? How the fact that everyone was on vacation just made it easier to find the chosen people. Well... it was true! We had so many cool experiences this week!

First we had a lesson with Maggie (our investigator that is from California that speaks English) We taught her the Plan of Salvation. About 2 weeks ago her husband died of cancer and he has been taking it really hard So when we went over the plan of salvation (its really weird to teach in English!) and we started talking about the spirit world, I explained to her about temples and the hope that each of us have to live with our families forever. But her eyes got really big and asked me. So heremana... what are you saying? Where is my husband? In the prison or in paradise? We just sat there in silence for a minute and she said... looks like I have to pray to see. Yes that's the answer. Pray. Always pray :)

One day (Friday) just about everyone has free days this day soooo needless to say not very many people will be in their house. And all the members were gone too....So all of our citas fell through and so we started to knock doors. Well we knocked every single door until (classic) the every LAST one someone was home. She answered and LET US IN (which also usually doesn't happen) She listened to our whole message and actually understood it. She started to realize the importance and told us that she would pray :) Escogidos are everywhere (Sometimes you just gotta lift up a few more rocks than normal ;))

Another miracle.... This week an old investigator CALLED to ask us to come visit him!

Another miracle....This week we had a FHE with a family in the ward with our awesome family that's investigating the church. We watched the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ (watch it.... its POWERFUL) at the end of the video we all went around and bore our testimonies one by one. The spirit was there so strong and we asked the wife her thoughts and all she said was... Wow I have a lot of reading and praying to do. We asked her to say the closing prayer and it was one of the sincerest prayers that I have heard. She asked for patience to receive her answer and said that she would do better. She asked for a pure heart to recognize the answer and promised God that she will pray all night if she needs to and continue praying each day asi to receive her answer. The next day the whole family came to church and when she came and sat down the first thing she pulled put was a notepad to take notes.... and continued to take notes through all the meetings :) Were going to go Visit Familia Alvarado tonight (the investigationg family) with our lider mision and his family. I'm so excited to see what happens :)

Each day I feel more useful and I feel like Now i really do know how to work. This ward is so great! This week we have plans to leave with a different leader to visit with us. I love this work so much and it kind of makes me sad to think that I will be leaving it soon. The best kind of joy to feel is to see when the people that you love so much start to repent and change their lives. And you start to see the same light come to their eyes! But I know that my mission doesn't end here :)

Anyway I love y'all so much!!!

Have the best week!!! I hope you had the bet Easter and remembered Christ. I KNOW that he lives and with that knowledge I know that each one of us can live again with Him.

Hermana Nelson

We decided to document the fact that no one was home :)

more tracting.... :)



some selfies


our view of Teguc.



No comments:

Post a Comment