Monday, March 7, 2016

Miracles

February 22, 2016

Hi family!!! So I don't know what happened this last week... it says in my email that I emailed all of you back and that I sent the group email buuuuuutttt I guess it didnt get to you... so Ill try sending it again!!!
But I'm sorry this week will be really short.... Were headed to the Pichacho today (the big statue of Christ) So Ill be brief!!

But this week was so amazing. Like I said before... diligence brings MIRACLES!!!! so this week we LEFT!! It felt so good to be out and about and I think we got sooooo excited that well we were seriously ringing every bell knocking all the doors in one area that welll..... all the residents got a little mad. Annnnnddd so we got kicked out of one of the really big residentials. Apparently we were there the same night as the Jehovas WItnesses annnd there were a lot of complaints. Sooooo yeah we cant go back there :( We just gotta get a little more creative with how we do things!! aka references and more family home evenings!!

But this week we found Hna Fanny. She had this crazy cool experience And Ill have to tell you all about it next week but she had this crazy cool experience and then someone invited her to church then we showed up. Shes golden!!!!

Lesson of the week: Be diligent and everything will work out!! The church is true!! I love you all!!!
Hermana Nelson

MIRACLES PART 2 :)

Hello family. Ok so I guess I have the chance to finish my story cause they gave us more time to write (cause we were so rushed!!) But the picacho was sooooo cool!!! Ill make sure to send some pictures over!!!
So FANNY.
This week, like I said before was a lot of running up and down and seriously knocking every door. It was about 4 in the afternoon and we still had a little bit of time til our next appt. So we went to go contact a menos activo family and decided to contact the house right next door. She sadi her name was Fanny and she was really receptive and so we put a cita for the next day. (That was the same day that we got kicked out of the residential so it was a MIRACLE that we could even enter in the next day!!!) So we sit down for the cita and we start to chat. Turns out that her husband is a member and so are all of his family, he just hasn't been back to church since they've been together. She then started to tell us her story....
So about 3 months ago she said that she got surgery. And by chance... it was the SAME exact one that I went through about a month before. (crazy right??) so she said that she was rushed to the hospital and put in emergency surgery but during that time she had a lot of time of waiting. After the surgery she said that she was laying in her bed with excruciating pain and for the first time, she prayed. ¨¨Hermanas I haven't prayed in a LONG time. But I didn't know what else to do I told God that if he could get me through this that I would start to be good... that I would start to go to church.¨¨ Then she paused....¨¨I told him that Id go to any church EXCEPT for the Mormon church¨¨ (she lives about 2 block below the temple haha) But then continued to say. ¨¨Look I think that God is castigandome¨¨ She said that everything went well and she left the hospital and that within that same week she went to a store to make a t-shirt for her son and the hermana that owns the store is a member. ACTUALLY she is the president of Relief Society and she invited her to church... to a conference!! She said well that's so wierd. I said to any church except for the Mormon church and in that moment she started apologizing to God. She realized that she was wrong and that maybe, and it is quite possible that that is where He wanted her to go. But she ended up not going to church and about 2 months later we knocked on her door. She told us that she read the WHOLE pamphlet and that her favorite part was the part about baptism.She asked us what she ahd to do to be baptized. The spirit was so strong there. The important things that happened in that lesson is not what she heard but the way that the spirit testified of the truthfulness of the message.
In that moment it was like no one could deny the way that they felt. It was an incredible experience. Even her 3 year old boy looked at us and said.... I wanna go visit the angelito (Little angel or aka angel morroni!) tomorrrow. They weren't able to come yesterday due to difficulties but were all gongho for this week :)
The church is true and we can know that because the spirit testifies of it. The Holy Ghost is the way we can know the truth of all things and all WE need to do is ASK.
I love you all. I hope you have the best week!!!!! Enjoy all the pictures I'm sending.... we went on a mini field trip today!!
Hermana Nelson


No comments:

Post a Comment